BTB Security has need for a leadership role in the organization to take charge of Security Operations for BTB Security’s Rapid Advanced Detection And Response (RADAR) Service. The Director of Security Operations will be responsible for guiding the direction of security operations as BTB Security and the RADAR service grows and evolves. BTB leadership will come to rely on the Director of Security Operations to help realize the vision of BTB Security’s RADAR as well as govern the day-to-day operations of the Security Operations Center.
As a leadership role within BTB Security, the specific tasks and functions will vary based on the current state of the business and BTB Security’s RADAR service offering. While BTB leadership expects this role to be self-governing, the following high-level goals are expected to be met.
- Manage the Day-to-Day Operations of the Security Operations Centers
The success of BTB Security’s RADAR is contingent on the effectiveness of the day-to-day operations of its SOCs. The Security Operations Manager will provide oversight to ensure that RADAR personnel are handling security events in a timely manner. This will include ensuring that proper coverage is achieved by maintaining the SOC schedule and communicating any notable concerns to BTB leadership.
- Responsible for RADAR Client Relationships
A focus of BTB Security’s RADAR service is to forge a trusted partnership with BTB clients. This comes from providing timely, expert security advice when handling security events as well as regular communication to ensure expectations are being met. The Security Operations Manager will be responsible for maintaining RADAR client relationships and ensuring these goals are being met.
- Develop and Maintain RADAR Deployment Processes
RADAR’s success is dependent on the successful collection of meaningful security data from our clients’ environments. Ensuring RADAR is properly deployed in a client environment is the first step towards accomplishing this. The Security Operations Manager will work closely with BTB technical personnel to develop a robust project plan for RADAR deployments and will oversee the execution of this project plan with RADAR clients.
- Provide Direct Management of Security Operations Center Personnel
Security Operations Center personnel will report directly to the Security Operations Manager. As such, this role will be responsible for tasks such as conducting performance reviews, providing mentorship, approving training, and hiring.
- Assist with Professional Services Project Management
The Security Operations Manager may lend project management expertise during larger or more complex professional services engagements to ensure they’re delivered in a timely manner and within budget.
- Prior experience as a project manager in the information technology field
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Leadership skills capable of working with a team of senior and junior members
- Prior project management experience working with managed services
- Prior experience in a network or security operations center
- PMP or PRINCE II certification