- February 7th - SIM Philadelphia – Cyber Security Panel
- "Cyber Security Insights," a panel consisting of: David Shannon, Austin Morris, Jr., Larry Hershman, and Ron Schlecht. Moderated by SIM member, Chris Shull. This seminar and dinner event touches on cyber attacks and breaches that have been making front page news almost daily for the past several years, and no end appears to be imaginable, much less within view. Register Here:
SIM SIM Philadelphia
- February 9th - ISC2 Delaware Chapter - Cyber Security Workshop
- This 1/2 day training is to educate attendees on three of the leading emerging markets that will be on everyone's thought processes for this year, IoT, Big Data, and Artificial Intelligence & Virtual Reality. 8:30am - 12:20 Delaware Technical College, 400 Stanton Christiana Rd, Newark, DE 19713.
- February 10th - ECOVIS International Partners Meeting
- BTB's Ron Schlecht will speak to cyber-terrorism at the ECOVIS International event hosted by Marcum LLP, the exclusive U.S. member firm of ECOVIS International. This global accounting and advisory network, will host the organization's 2017 Regional Partner Meeting of the Americas, to be held at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach, Florida, from February 9-11. The agenda will include a focus on cyber-terrorism, a technical tax workshop covering the U.S. and Latin America, and a discussion of the post-election U.S. environment, as well as business development best practices. More info:
- February 13th-17th - RSA Conference
- In the digital world in which we now live, information is a very highly valued commodity. Safeguarding that information, therefore, has become a top priority. RSA Conference's mission is to connect you with the people and insights that will empower you to stay ahead of cyberthreats. With over 45,000 attendees per year, this makes RSA one of the world's largest security events. For more info - RSA - San Fran
If you are attending RSA, well so is BTB. Reach out to us to meet while in the city-by-the-bay or just stop by to have a complimentary lunch on us @ 3rd & Howard on 2/15/17! BTB has reserved the food truck "The Chairman" which is one of the top 5 food trucks in the San Fran area, taking their eclectic mix of outrageously tasty food to you. Hope you can join us!
- February 16th - PA Chamber of Commerce - IT Security Roundtable
- BTB Security's Chris McGinley, Managing Partner, will be part of a panel discussion - "Viewpoints & Insights on Defending Against and Resolving Data Breaches." This panel is tasked with providing first hand experience stopping and mitigating data breaches, cyber attacks and ransomware, everyday. Each panelist will offer their unique insights and perspectives concerning a variety of data breach scenarios that companies are now facing and how to resolve the problems. This interactive session provides a forum that will help attendees walk away with a practical solution to the most common data breach problems. Register Here: IT Security Roundtable
- January 19th - SIM Chicago – FEI Event
- Financial Executives International (FEI) is one of the premier senior finance networking organizations just like SIM is to senior information technology professionals. This will be a great opportunity to meet and network over dinner and drinks with financial and information technology executives at the classic Union League Club of Chicago. SIM Chicago Events
- November 8th - RADAR Live Demo
- This is a live demonstration of our Rapid Advance Detection And Response service. Brian Bailey, BTB Security Managing partner, will take you through the inner workings of our managed service.
- October 20th - Webinar: Free Security Awareness Training
- To celebrate security awareness month this October, we'll be presenting a free security awareness training session. This can be used by your company to brief employees on current security issues and train them on appropriate security actions. Turn the weakest link into the strongest link...for FREE! Presented by BTB Security's Ron Schlecht, Managing Partner Video of the event can be seen here: Free Security Awareness Training
- October 24-25th - 2016 SIMposium
- SIMposium 2016 - 20/20 Vision: The Future is Now - This is not your typical business conference, this is not your typical technology conference, and this is not your typical leadership conference. SIMposium 2016 brings it all together to provide you with the knowledge, skills, insights, and connections to help you lead, succeed and empower in the future. Register today: http://www.simposium2016.com/
- October 26th - Cyber Security for the C-Suite - Avoiding Cyber Wreck & Financial Ruin
- What would be the implications of your company unexpectedly having to spend $5-10 million to remediate a breach? Or $50 million to provide identity protection services? Or, if all your systems were unavailable for a few days, weeks or even months? Our expert panel will discuss why the CxOs of Small and Mid-sized Businesses (SMBs) must act now to: Identify and understand cyber security risks across the organization, Prioritize mitigation of those risks, and Cost effective methods for managing and controlling them. Contrary to common beliefs, bored teenagers are no longer the main source of threats. Rather, organized crime (such as the Russian Mafia) and state-sponsored actors (such as the Chinese Army) are the very well-funded and sophisticated source of risks to intellectual property and financial resources. Failure to address these risks can bankrupt your company or even result in criminal prosecution of executives and board members. Find out more by visiting their website: Cyber Security for the C Suite
- September 7th - Secure Delaware Workshop 2016
- This all day event promises to provide valuable information and access to information security Subject Matter Experts. The event will feature 3 keynote speakers and 12 breakout sessions applicable to various audience levels. Returning this year is a special track for owners and operators of small and medium sized businesses. BENEFITS: No Cost to Attend !! Opportunity to Meet Cyber Experts Learn Cyber Security Defense Strategies Exposure to Cyber Security Services Training for All Levels of Experience. Continental Breakfast & Lunch Included. #DECyberWS2016 Register today: 2016 Secure Delaware Workshop
- September 22nd – SIM Chicago Gala
- Kicking off the 2016/2017 Game Changer Discussion Series. SIM Chicago is proud to present our 2016 Fall Gala speaker, Jeetu Patel, SVP of Platform and CSO for Box. Traditional organizations in virtually every sector are in some stage of a digital transformation journey. A few have pioneered the way for their industry, such as General Electric. Many more have only just begun to embrace digital and may face significant challenges with change management or customer engagement. Enterprises who do not successfully digitize their business can face disruption or even obsolescence. Find out more by visiting their website: http://www.sim-chicago.org/events
- September 28th - 11am - BTB Security's Webinar: Shortening the Time from Breach to Normal
- Breaches are unavoidable, and the volume of security incidents continue to increase. The challenge today is less about getting the threat alerts, but more about responding to accurate alerts with the most context, in the fastest way possible to reduce the amount of time a threat has to permeate the infrastructure. The new paradigm is to monitor all sources of events, apply threat intelligence, and contextually analyze security incidents to provide laser focus on preventing and responding to incidents. This requires either dramatic technology, people and process improvements for Security Operations Centers, or the reliance on a managed security services partner. Presented by BTB Security Managing Partners: Ron Schlecht & Brian Bailey. The video can be seen on the videos page HERE
- August 1st - SIM Chicago Charity Golf benefiting I.C. Stars
- SIM Chicago will once again hold its annual charity golf event at White Eagle Country Club in Naperville, Illinois to benefit i.c.stars. With 27 holes of Arnold Palmer designed signature golf, an elegant clubhouse with locker-room and premier driving range facilities, we are prepared to accommodate the I.T. elite of Chicago for a day of networking and fun in support of the terrific work that i.c.stars|* does in developing I.T. leaders for the future. Check out the event HERE
- August 15th – SIM Philadelphia Joe Tait Invitational
- SIM Philadelphia and the PHISIM Foundation is proud to rename our annual charity golf event to the "Joe Tait Invitational" in honor of our friend and past board member Joe Tait who passed away in March of this year. Joe was an amazing individual, CIO, mentor, and friend. He generously gave of his time toward mentoring youth and helping others learn how to network. Joe was more connected than the mafia. He loved the fact that the golf event he started 14 years ago combined his favorite things: networking, helping kids, and golf. He will be forever missed. The event can be seen HERE.
- August 25th - 11am - BTB Security's Webinar: How I Walked Right In While You Held the Door for Me
- How secure is your environment? If the delivery guy showed up with hot food, would you let him in to deliver it? How about a county code inspector? In this webinar, Matt Barnett, a security consultant for BTB Security shares some of his stories about breaking into banks, universities, and corporations throughout the country. Matt seems to have the knack for bypassing physical security controls and using social engineering to talk his way right into the most secure areas of an organization. Matt drills into how he does it and what advice he offers to help improve physical security in your organization. Please register using the following LINK.
- July 14th Infragard Delaware Members Alliance Summer Meeting
- Ron Schlecht, Jr. will be presenting, "ROI (Return On Infection) of Ransomware. This infection is not your typical Zombie apocalypse but just as contagious without the same makeover results. Registration is open HERE
- June 22nd - 10AM-5PM
- BTB Security's 10 Year Anniversary Celebration. BTB will be hosting an open house to mark a milestone in our history. If you are in the area, feel free to stop by! To comemorate the event, we've create an infographic to demonstration just how much things have changed since our start in 2006. It can be downloaded HERE.
- July 26th - 11am
- BTB Security's Webinar: Building Pen Test Ammunition From Recon Data - This webinar will explore effective data gathering methods about target organizations and how to effectively use this information to compromise an organization from various angles. The talk will focus around data gathering approaches, the types of data targeted, the sources and most importantly, how to intelligently put it all together to have a high probability of compromising your target. Presented by Vitaliy Kovalchuk. "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." Sun Tzu. Please register using the following link: Pen Test Ammunition
- June 10th Philadelphia Infragard Training Conference, Pfizer Conference Center 500 Arcola Road Collegeville, 19426
- Registration is now open and available for Infragard's annual, all-day training event, hosted once again by Pfizer in Collegeville. The agenda is available through the registration page. Registration starting at 8:00 a.m. day of the event. Cost this year is $25 for twelve speakers and fifteen tracks, with breakfast goodies and our host's famous, amazing lunch. It is open to non-members. Registration for Infragard
- June 13 - 16: Will you be at the Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit?
- SIGN UP HEREto join us for FREE professional business head shots during the conference. We can be found at The Westin a 1-minute walk from the Summit. Why you ask? Well funny story, stop by and while you are getting your free professional head shot we will entertain you with the back story!
- June 16 - 1-2pm: BTB Security's John Baek will be presenting on Multi-factor Authentication at the 37th Annual Messaging Malware Mobile Anti-Abuse Working Group (m3aawg). The link to register is:m3aawg
- June 30th - 11am
- BTB Security's Webinar: Powershell Inveighsion - LLMNR/NBNS Exploitation using Powershell hosted by Dave Williams, Director of Security Operation at BTB. A very important play on words. Please register using the following link: Powershell Inveighsion
- May 4, 6-8pm: Philly Tech Week - BTB Security: We're Hacking Your Hearts and Minds
- May 5 - ASIS PA Chapter - Ron Schlecht presented on "Detecting the Insider Threat"
- May 10 - HMG CIO Executive Summit - Ron Schlecht will be presenting on the panel The Challenge of Enterprise Security Today and Into the Future
- May 11 & 12: Catch up with BTB Security at the Rocky Mountain Information Security Conference. Contact us if you're going to be there or watch @btb_schlecht on twitter: RMISC
- May 26 - 11am:
- BTB Security's Webinar: What are companies not doing series: multi-factor authentication - John Baek will be presenting this Webinar. MFA is getting adopted as one of the mainstream infosec controls. We believe you should have it. What happens if you don't (speaking from our experience and war stories) and what types of risks are you really addressing with MFA? You may be surprised by what most MFA doesn't protect you from (i.e., there's no silver bullet and MFA is definitely not it): HTTP authentication and phishing attacks. See it HERE
Our clients trust us to keep their businesses secure. Let's discuss how we can do that for you too.